Last Modified: June 14, 2017
We at MPOWER, together with our partner, the Bank of Lake Mills (“BLM”) (collectively, “we” or “us”) are proud to offer you financial services and products that help remove financial barriers to higher education. We value openness and honesty so we wanted to tell you how we collect and protect the information you provide us through this website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
MPOWER collects several types of information about you, from you and from third parties, including information:
- that personally identifies you (for example, your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number or other government-issued identification number, static Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, mobile device ID, geo-location information, and employment information;
- about you, that can personally identify you if linked with other information (for example, your country of citizenship, graduation date, and other education information); and
- about your computer, mobile device, Internet connection, and usage of this Website or mobile application.
We collect this information:
- when you actually provide it to us.
- automatically as you use our Website or mobile application.
- from third parties, such as when you log in using a LinkedIn account.
Information You Provide to Us
The information MPOWER collects on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided when you submit a borrower inquiry or register to use our Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website
- Records and copies of your e-mail correspondence, if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Your chat histories on the Website.
We may sometimes supplement the information you submit to us with information from third party sources. For example, if permitted by law, we may supplement your borrower inquiry information with address standardization data to make sure the address you have entered is actually your address.
Information We Collect Automatically
MPOWER may automatically collect certain information about how you use our Website, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including your IP address, time of visit, time spent on each page, pages viewed, click locations, and referring or exit web pages.
- Information about your computer or device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, hardware brand and model, and mobile network.
The information we collect automatically helps us improve our Website and Services by letting us:
- Estimate the size of our audience and their usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences so we can customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Improve our advertising and marketing services.
To automatically collect this information, we may use:
- Cookies, a small file saved on your computer that may transmit information about your site visits and preferences. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can set up your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. You may also choose not to accept cookies, but if you do so, you may not be able to access certain parts of our Website.
- Web Beacons, a small transparent GIF image that is embedded in a web page or e-mail to track when the page or e-mail has been viewed.
Online Tracking & Third-Party Information Gathering
Some browsers have “Do Not Track” features that allow you to tell a website not to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. How browsers communicate the Do Not Track signal is not yet uniform. As a result, our Website is not yet set up to interpret or respond to Do Not Track signals communicated by your browser.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
MPOWER uses your information to:
- make sure that you are over the age of 18;
- verify your identity, the accuracy of your information, and guard against potential fraud;
- determine if you qualify for an MPOWER loan;
- let our partners service your loan; and
- communicate with you during and after the loan approval process.
We may also use your information to:
- improve our loan offerings and other services;
- offer products and services to you from us or third parties that we think you’d be interested in;
- provide customer support;
- offer you search results and ads more tailored to you;
- let you know about changes to our Website or other products and services;
- enforce agreements that you have made with us;
- protect against fraud;
- implement servicing activities;
- implement collection activities as needed;
- evaluate and/or improve marketing and advertising campaigns;
- comply with any court order, law or legal process; and/or
- improve our Website and mobile application.
Sharing Your Information
MPOWER may share information from or about you with:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Partners and service providers who help us prevent fraud, collect bills, service loans, process payments, market our business, store data, and jointly offer or refer financial products and services to you. We require that these third parties use information from or about you only so they can perform the services you or we ask them to.
- Third-party services, such as LinkedIn, if you connect your loan application to their accounts. We may use the information to inform your application.
- Credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law.
- Law enforcement and government officials when: we are compelled to do so by a court order, subpoena, search warrants, or similar legal procedure; we need to do so to comply with law; or if we believe in good faith that sharing your personal information is necessary to combat fraud, prevent physical harm or financial loss, or to report suspected illegal activity.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into our Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
How We Protect Your Information
MPOWER aims to make sure your information is safe and to protect you against fraud. When you fill out the borrower inquiry form or registration form on our Website, the information you provide is sent directly to our third party cloud-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) provider using a SSL/TLS, bank-grade encryption that complies with PCI Security Standards. When you provide information that we use to determine whether you qualify for a loan, the information you provide is delivered using a secured e-mail protocol document exchange that uses SSL, bank-grade encryption that is PCI-compliant. Only authorized employees can access your information, and only after they verify their identity. MPOWER does not store your personal information on our company systems. Instead, your personal information is stored in data centers that are protected by physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards.
Children Under the Age of 13
MPOWER does not intend to collect or solicit any information from children under the age of 13 and MPOWER’s Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.