MPOWER enables students from around the world to financially access higher-education at top U.S. universities. Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields, all passionate about removing financial barriers to education. As a FinTech startup that is funded by a preeminent Private Equity firm, as well as top institutional investors, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy-analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We work hard, have fun, and believe greatly in our cause. For us, this mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to think creatively in an environment where ideation and implementation happen very quickly. We review all our staff members for promotion every 6 months and provide the resources they need to further their skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
This is a full-time position, based in our Washington, D.C. office and reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
In collaboration with other designers and engineers, the UX/UI designer will be responsible for developing a superior website and mobile user experience and interface.
Your duties will include but not limited to:
- Establish and maintain a consistent look and feel across all MPOWER online product offerings by collaborating with Marketing and Operations to create a unified customer experience
- Lead the user experience and interface initiatives throughout the development lifecycle
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and personas to inform the product evolution
- Conduct user research and customer interviews to gather feedback and incorporate it, where appropriate
- Analyze web data, competitor analysis, industry trends, and usability studies to develop requirements
- Offer in-depth knowledge of user interface best practices and standards
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and UX/UI design standards
- Grow, organize and maintain our style guide and library of visual assets
- Drive continuous improvement by suggesting product enhancements
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media or similar
- 2-4 years of UX/UI experience, preferably in financial services or technology
- A portfolio showcasing excellent use of typography, color, imagery, and attention to detail
- Web and mobile UX and UI experience
- Advanced knowledge of modern digital design tools of your choosing
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS, or come from a tech background
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Spanish language skills is a plus
In addition, the candidate will be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.