MPOWER is a fast-growing startup, based in Washington D.C. and focused on removing financial barriers to higher-education. MPOWER enables students from around the world to financially access higher-education at top U.S. universities. Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields. As a FinTech startup backed by a global Private Equity firm, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy-analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We work hard, have fun, and believe greatly in our cause. For us, this mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to think creatively in an environment where ideation and implementation happen very quickly. We review all our staff members for promotion every 6 months and provide the resources they need to further their skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION, BASED IN NEW YORK CITY OR WASHINGTON, D.C. AND REPORTING DIRECTLY TO THE CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER.
You will provide expertise and leadership in Solutions Architecture in the infrastructure and applications space and work closely with internal stakeholders to establish technology solutions at a business and technical level. Your responsibilities will include:
- Defining the business case for solutions, design the solution to help with prototyping and development, and taking solutions through to concept and market
- Demonstrating thought leadership in cloud computing across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to decision makers
- Working closely with internal stakeholders to establish technology solutions at a business and technical level
- Providing customer and market feedback to the customer success and engineering teams, and influencing product direction
- Leading the design, estimation, planning, and implementation of business solutions that require IT system(s)
- Establish high, mid and micro level plans working with Technical Project Management
- Providing leadership to multidisciplinary international teams
- Delivering compelling presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field, advanced degree preferred
- 6 – 8 years hands-on experience as a Solution Manager or Developer, creating new solutions
- Extensive experience in Financial Services (consumer credit, education financing, or online lending platforms), with a background in consulting a plus
- Deep understanding of the current state of the art for infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, SQL/NoSQL/NewSQL, networking, and cloud-based delivery models
- Extensive experience in architectural development, design patterns and implementation of custom developed solutions and product integration projects
- Knowledge of product and package selection methods
- Experience in leading agile development projects
- Proven leadership and managerial skills to manage tracks of work with up to 10 people, throughout the project lifecycle
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
- Spanish language skills, a plus
In addition, the candidate will be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.