Junior Credit AnalystFull-time
MPOWER is a fast-growing startup, based in Washington D.C. and focused on removing financial barriers to higher-education. MPOWER enables students from around the world to financially access higher-education at top U.S. universities. Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields. As a FinTech startup backed by a global Private Equity firm, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy-analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We work hard, have fun, and believe greatly in our cause. For us, this mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to think creatively in an environment where ideation and implementation happen very quickly. We review all our staff members for promotion every 6 months and provide the resources they need to further their skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
This is a full-time position, based in our Washington, D.C. office and reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Credit Analytics
We are looking for dedicated Jr.Credit Analyst to join our Credit department. You will be responsible for evaluating loan applications based on established eligibility and underwriting guidelines. Your duties will include:
- Analyze application data including financial information to make credit decisions
- Validate borrower information and ensure application is error free and complete
- Determine credit worthiness and approval amounts based on established criteria and guideline
- Evaluate and provide recommendations for policy exceptions
- Help to develop overall portfolio analytics and insights through active monitoring of data at all points in the applicant funnel
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, Finance, or a related field.
- 1-3 years underwriting, loan processing, or credit analysis experience
- Knowledge of general lending systems, products and underwriting
- Must have strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information
- Able to work independently and utilize sound judgment and problem solving skills
- Must be detail oriented, with excellent organizational skills
In addition, the candidate will be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.