HR Generalist / RecruiterFull-time
MPOWER is a fast-growing startup, based in Washington D.C. and focused on removing financial barriers to higher-education. MPOWER enables students from around the world to financially access higher-education at top U.S. universities. Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields. As a FinTech startup backed by a global Private Equity firm, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy-analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We work hard, have fun, and believe greatly in our cause. For us, this mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to think creatively in an environment where ideation and implementation happen very quickly. We review all our staff members for promotion every 6 months and provide the resources they need to further their skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
This is a full-time position, based in our Washington, D.C. office and reporting directly to the Head of Human Resources.
You will be the first point of contact for candidates and employees as you manage the end-to-end recruiting process, draft HR policies based on best practices and company needs and ensure best in class programs are in place and appropriately communicated to whole company.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Work with hiring managers to define departmental needs, create or update job descriptions, and research compensation factors
- Source candidates, with particular attention to organizations focused on high tech and finance industries
- Manage the interview life-cycle from initial screening of applicants, to coordinating interviews, and gathering feedback
- Successfully manage the onboarding and offboarding processes to ensure seamless transitions and positive experience of candidates and employees
- Gather candidate pipeline data and perform analysis to drive insights and suggest improvements to improve conversion rate, compensation, and other metrics
- Draft and design personnel policies, assist with establishing standards and procedures
- Coordinate employee training and development activities, performance management and compensation plans
- Monitor, interpret and implement ongoing changes in federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Process leave management, including FMLA, disability leave and worker’s compensation claims
- Coordinate annual open enrollment periods and oversee all employee and dependent changes throughout the year in compliance with regulations
- Maintain HR and payroll records in HRIS system
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or a related field
- 2-4 years’ experience in an HR generalist role, with general knowledge of employment laws and practices
- 1-3 years of recruiting experience, experience working for a startup preferred
- Experience recruiting for international positions a plus
- Must have strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information and sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
- Able to work independently and utilize sound judgment and problem solving skills
- Must be detail oriented, with excellent administrative and organizational skills
In addition, the candidate will be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.
Send us your resume with a short statement of interest to email@example.com.