General Manager - IndiaFull-time
MPOWER is a fast-growing startup, based in Washington D.C. and focused on removing financial barriers to higher-education. MPOWER enables students from around the world to financially access higher-education at top U.S. universities. Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields. As a FinTech startup backed by a global Private Equity firm, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy-analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We work hard, have fun, and believe greatly in our cause. For us, this mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to think creatively in an environment where ideation and implementation happen very quickly. We review all our staff members for promotion every 6 months and provide the resources they need to further their skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
This is a full time position based in Bangalore and will report directly to MPOWER’s executive team.
You will be responsible for expanding and executing MPOWER’s marketing, business development and operations strategy in India. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Sourcing strategic partnerships to drive lead generation and application volume
- Serving as the point person for negotiating and implementing partnerships; coordinating with MPOWER’s engineering, marketing, and finance departments
- Overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Relaying product needs to the executive team based on insights from borrower and partner interactions
- Representing MPOWER at conferences, meetings and industry events
- Expanding current processes around borrower payment methods
- Monitoring collection procedures and managing repayments
- Serve as liaison between local debt capital partners and MPOWER’s Chief Investment Officer
- Source new debt capital leads
Debt Capital Sourcing
- Recruit top talent to support office operations
- Develop and manage a high-performing team to support India office operations
MPOWER’s India office
- Graduate degree, MBA and U.S. degrees preferred
- 6+ years of work experience
- Analytical/quantitative background with past work experience in financial services or technology space is a must; exposure to higher-education industry a plus
- Functional expertise through proven track record in past business development or entrepreneurial roles
- Deep understanding of financial products a must – banking, underwriting, or loan processing experience is a plus.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- A strong local network within the education and/or lending industry
- Demonstrated ability managing a P&L
- Strong technical skills including comfort with MS Office Suite, Salesforce, and general internet savvy
- First hand understanding of MPOWER’s mission; passion for making a positive impact on students’ lives
In addition, the candidate will be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.
Send us your resume with a short statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.