Financial Planning and Analysis ManagerFull-time
MPOWER is a fast-growing startup, based in Washington D.C. and focused on removing financial barriers to higher-education. MPOWER enables students from around the world to financially access higher-education at top U.S. universities. Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields. As a FinTech startup backed by a global Private Equity firm, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy-analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We work hard, have fun, and believe greatly in our cause. For us, this mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to think creatively in an environment where ideation and implementation happen very quickly. We review all our staff members for promotion every 6 months and provide the resources they need to further their skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
This is a full-time position is based in our Washington, DC. office and reporting directly to the CFO
You will be directly responsible for leading Financial Planning & Analysis at MPOWER. This includes both strategic and tactical activities, This includes, but is not limited to:
- Leading the annual budget and monthly/quarterly forecasting processes, including assisting in the development of corporate targets and gaining alignment with the Executive team
- Providing strategic financial input and leadership on issues affecting the business
- Preparing materials for the CFO, including board decks, investor materials and other executive updates
- Preparing / reviewing monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements, investor decks and other materials
- Identifying and monitoring significant business trends and variances to plan in revenue, expenses, headcount, capital, balance sheet and cash flow items
- Developing and managing sophisticated financial models that assist both the finance and the Executive team in decision making
- Overseeing performance management activities by developing and tracking key metrics
- Working with MPOWER’s engineering team to implement an FP&A management system
- Driving continuous improvement of the FP&A organization to allow faster response and a deeper level of analysis
- Graduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other quantitative / scientific field
- CPA designation or equivalent preferred
- CFA qualification preferred
- 4-6 years of FP&A experience
- Experience in banking, financial services, or related field preferred
- Advanced data modeling skills and experience setting up and manipulating large data tables
- Knowledge of financial and accounting best practices, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Extremely detail oriented with superior communication and presentation skills
- Experience working in a start-up environment preferred
- A passion for financial inclusion and / or access to higher education
In addition, the candidate will be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.
Send us your resume with a short statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.