MPOWER is a fast-growing startup, based in Washington D.C. and focused on removing financial barriers to higher-education. MPOWER enables students from around the world to financially access higher-education at top U.S. universities. Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields. As a FinTech startup backed by a global Private Equity firm, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy-analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We work hard, have fun, and believe greatly in our cause. For us, this mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to think creatively in an environment where ideation and implementation happen very quickly. We review all our staff members for promotion every 6 months and provide the resources they need to further their skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
You’ll serve in a central role on the MPOWER team. You will be focused on managing and improving our borrower experience by communicating directly with borrowers, universities, and our loan-servicing and origination partners.
You will be reporting directly to MPOWER’s Head of Operations.This includes, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring student loan applicants progress fluidly through the different stages of the loan process, from application to disbursement, with fast turnaround times and stellar customer service levels
- Maintaining and strengthening relationships with universities, borrowers, and MPOWER’s service partners
- Identifying and supporting improvements in process, cost-efficiency, and effectiveness and continuously seeking new strategies to improve the originations process
This is a full-time on-site position in MPOWER’s D.C. office.
- 2-5 years of experience in consumer or SME lending operations
- 1-2 years of experience in a customer care function
- Process control understanding and skills (attention-to-detail, project management, 100% accuracy, organization)
- Passionate about customer experience and a sense of how to translate needs into clear actions
- Firsthand understanding of MPOWER’s mission; passion for making a positive impact on students’ lives
- Strong understanding of financial services and student loan products
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, analytical-thinking and client-relationship skills
- Experience in successfully working with many stakeholders and outsourcing partners
- Fluency in foreign languages is a plus
In addition, the candidate will be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small, agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.