MPOWER enables students from around the world to financially access higher-education at top U.S. universities. Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields, all passionate about removing financial barriers to education. As a FinTech startup that is funded by a preeminent Private Equity firm, as well as top institutional investors, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy-analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We work hard, have fun, and believe greatly in our cause. For us, this mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to think creatively in an environment where ideation and implementation happen very quickly. We review all our staff members for promotion every 6 months and provide the resources they need to further their skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC and reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
You will be directly responsible for creating original content, managing a multi-platform social media strategy, and driving analytics-based decisions. This includes activities such as:
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, business analysis, competitive product analysis, and/or task and workflow analysis
- Work with the business unit owners to define and document the solution’s vision and scope
- Work with engineering team to develop functional requirement documents
- Breakdown high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements, specified in an appropriate level of technical detail suitable for use by engineering team
- Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, and verifiable
- Use research and analysis to identify emerging approaches, technology, and solutions that can be leveraged in the implementation of identified requirements
- Coordinate with other team members, including business unit owners, engineering team, and executive management
- Work with engineering team to create estimates to determine durations and level of complexity for functional scope items
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field from a top-tier school
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in Financial Services (consumer credit, education financing, or online lending platforms), with a background in consulting a plus
- Experience performing current and future state analysis for IT systems
- Interviewing skills – ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information
- Advanced analytical skills:
- evaluate the information gathered, reconcile conflicts
- decompose high-level information into details
- distinguish presented business requests from the underlying true needs
- distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Strong communication skills, to relay information effectively to business unit owners, engineering team, and executive management
- Ability to create documentation that is leveled for both business and technical users
- A demonstrated working knowledge of agile software development
- Demonstrated experience working with PHP LAMP, Salesforce, and Google Cloud, and Amazon Cloud infrastructure
- Spanish language skills, a plus
In addition, the candidate will be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.